Saturday, September 17, 2011

Relationships/Partnerships impact my work as an Early Childhood Educator

Being a positive and effective childcare educator all begins with who you are as an individual. We are mothers/fathers, siblings, Aunts/Uncles and etc first. Once we understand what is our earhtly purpose of being here, than we can understand what is set forth for our lives. I'm a caring and loving person and have always had the desire to work with children. I knew my passion and calling was to be a teacher when I was a young girl. I worked in the high school level for almost nine years and in the begining, I really enjoyed what I did. But it seemed as though something was missing. During this time, I would volunteer at my daughter's school and would be filled with so much joy being around younger children. They are so sweet and curious at this age level. One day I woke up and had an epiphany; my calling was to work with younger children. I put a two week notice in with my job and was hired exactly two weeks later with the company I'm currently with now and have been for almost five years. Over the course of these years, I have learned things that I will take with me through my educational journey. The good and the bad have help me become a better person and teacher. Without challenges, how could we grow and become better teachers? We learn from our mistakes and we strive to do better. I know without a doubt, that my experiences in the past will and  have caused me to be a better person and a better teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Carrie! Our journey into the field of early childhood is very similiar. Although I did start out teaching elementary school for 2 years, I started teaching high school english for 7 years after my daughter was born. I did enjoy it a lot, but I did miss working with the little ones. When I had the opportunity to homeschool my children for 3 years, my son was 4, 5, and 6. As I taught him, I caught the early childhood "bug," and my very next job was teaching kindergarten. Now I am teaching 2 1/2 year old children, and what a joy it has been! I, too,love their curiosity and their joy in discovering the world around them. I am always evolving, too, into a better teacher because of the positive and negative experiences of my life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete