Saturday, September 17, 2011

Relationship Reflection

I have build many relationships over the course of the years, with family, friends, coworkers, teacher-parent, with my students and even intimate relationships. But the relationship that I cherish the most is relationships with my Mother, children and my dog Gracie. My children have always been my life line support. When I was working on my Bachelor's of  Arts degree, my children were my motivation to go back to school. And even now they are very supportive of me obtaining my Master's in the future. My Mother is my rock, through out my life people have told me that I look and act like my Mother. Early in life I couldn't see it but as I've gotten older, I can see me so much in her. My mother has always been a strong woman, and a go getter. She taught my siblings and I how to be independent and never give up in what we believe in. Last but not least my baby Gracie. I've had Gracie since she was six weeks old. She is a Pit-Bull. Many people wouldn't dare want a pit-bull for a  pet; well neither did I, until she came into my life two years ago. I wouldn't change having her for nothing in the world. Until people realize that you can have the same relationship with a pit-bulls that you can have with any other dog than they want be sterotyped as much. It's all in how you raise them. Just and how we raise our children. Raise a child in a postive and healthy environment and more than likely they will grow-up into productive individuals and this stands the same with a dog.

1 comment:

  1. My mother a very important part of my life as well. It is great that you have tht support from your children.

    It does not matter what type of dog we may have, it is all about how we care for them I have two chihuahuas, Ladybugg and Charlie Bruce. They are not just dogs, they are family.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete