Saturday, December 22, 2012


Week 8 Blog Assignment: Reflecting on Learning




As an early childhood educator, my passionate hope is to continue to be an advocate and support systems for anti-bias education. Children and families from all walks of life are entering our early childhood programs and they need anti-bias educators who support their cultural values. One of my greatest passions is to continue my journey in helping the lives of children and families who lives are being affected from poverty. Poverty is one of the leading causes of children not being productive/ successful in today’s society, and my mission is to work with state and local legislatures in doing so. I want to leave a legacy that I made a difference in the lives of children and their families all around the world in early education programs.


I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dr. Shepard first for being such a phenomenal instructor and to my fellow colleagues; you have been the best. I appreciate the many feed backs on my blogs and group’s discussion; for it has helped me to gain a sense of understanding from different perspectives that I will take with me through my career journey as an anti-bias educator. We are all coming to the end of our educational journey and I wish each and every last one of my colleagues nothing but the best life has to offer. Continue to strive in being the best educator you can possibly be. Good luck in your capstone course and hope to hear from you’ll soon.          


3 comments:

  1. Carrie,

    Good luck with your capstone course as well. I know you are making a great difference in the lives of the children you teach. Continue to work for them and to give them a voice!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,

    I wish you the best as well and thank you very much for all your discussion and blog post and your comments. You have made this journey very interesting and I hope you will continue your advocacy towards improving on the lives of the families and children in your program.

    Good luck to you and may you have a great holiday. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie,

    Thank you for always giving such honest feedback and advice throughout this course. I wish you nothing but the best in our final course.

    ReplyDelete