Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Insights on Research


    
Before taking 6163 Building Research Competencies, I had little information about research and how important it is to the early childhood field. I know now that the information I have learned pertaining to research has enlighten me on different ways to approach situations in my career field. I have gained a great deal of knowledge about Research as a tool to learning about Quasi-experiment in research. Each chapter brought valuable information that I will apply to my everyday life, while understanding and working in the early childhood field.

Since taking this course, I never really thought about the importance of research. While working on my undergraduate degree, I remember doing maybe two or three research papers, and these papers was not as in depth as to the information I learned in this course. I will forever take with me the knowledge, and skills this course offered and apply it to my own individual research.

All of the lessons were important, but the one that stood out to me the most would have to be Equity in research Designs. Because cultural groups are such a sensitive and important topic, it is imperative that research be fair and unbiased while conducting such lessons when it comes to equity towards certain cultural groups. Every child is important when conducting research studies and deserves the up most respect. Researchers must take off their blind folds to accommodate every study with credible and accuracy data, for minorities are an important aspect in “legitimate” research as well.

Even though this course has come to an end, I still have some challenges that I will take with me, but with those challenges has come dedication and persistence to continue to learn and strive to gain a better concept of research. I learned that research is so very important and is well needed in understanding and assisting children and families in the early education field. I will continue to study research to look for new ways to enhance my career field while meeting the needs of children and their families.

As an early educator, I have come to realize and understand that research plays such a crucial part in this field. If inaccuracy in research is conducted and applied to the early childhood field, than we as early educators are not able to gain the knowledge in reaching the highest potential in meeting the needs of children and families. The information I have learned in this course have given me the tools needed when building credible research. I will always use the course reading book, “Doing Early Childhood Research,” and articles as a reference guide throughout my career and education journey.
  
Dr. Davis, thank you for all of your positive and encouraging feedback. Colleagues, I wish each and every one of you nothing but the best in your educational journey at Walden. I hope to hear from you in our next course.



                                                        


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I also learned a lot from this course. As always, I have enjoyed working with you!Hope to "see" you in future courses! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete