Friday, October 26, 2012


Week 8 Blog: What I have learned



One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds

I hope to have a positive impact on the lives of children and families throughout my career journey. I never want to show any type of biases towards anyone; for we all are human-beings and deserve to be treated with the up most respect. I hope to leave a legacy for fighting for justice and equality for all.        

One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice (any format and any length)

The goal that I would like to set forth is to continue my passion in helping children and families who lives are affected from the epidemic of poverty. Creating grant proposals to local and state representatives on teaching quality early childhood education can help prevent lifelong poverty in the lives of many children and families. 


A brief note of thanks to your colleagues

I want to take this opportunity to thank Dr. Hertz and my fellow colleagues for all of your insights, feedback, support and knowledgeable resources in this course. We have learned so much about ourselves and other cultural groups that will continue to help us grow in our career/educational journey through Walden. I’m so excited to begin my next course, EDUC 6358, Strategies for Working with Diverse Children. It is because of you that I’m excited; my Instructors and colleagues who challenge/encourage me to think on a whole new level. Some of you maybe in my next course/group and some may not, but during your final time at Walden, I wish you nothing but the best and remember, ‘Equal and justice for all’ Good Luck!







2 comments:

  1. I think that is wonderful that you have that passion to work for children and families who are impacted by poverty. Coming from a person who is also working in a high poverty community, I know that passion is the only way you keep going at times. There are times it gets to be a difficult emotionally. The best of luck to you in your next course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beleive that you will make a huge postive impact on people you interact with. I know you have made one in my life and I am very thankful for that. Good luck to you in your next class!

    ReplyDelete