Saturday, July 7, 2012


Week 2 Assignment 2


Learning about communication skills and styles

Volume down

The television episode that I watched was “Dallas,” even though it has been many years since the show has aired, and I was not a big fan than; it was interesting to see some of the same cast members now that played on the show years ago. I turned the volume down while watching the seen about JR and Bobby discussing a matter. It was so obvious that they were into a heated conversation just by the way both character’s facial expression and body language. I know when the show aired years ago, both brothers did not get along, but characters change with time.

I sense that both parties are in a disagreement while portraying anger and hostility through nonverbal communication.


Volume up

When I turned the volume up, JR and Bobby was in a very heated conversation about JR going over Bobbies head to dig oil on the family land, which Bobby was not agreeing with this at all. Bobby was very upset about this matter and JR was very cold towards him in regards to his feelings.

I do believe I would have been aware of what the characters were discussing in the episodes that I was familiar with; reason being, I’m usually aware of the characters demeanors in the episodes that I watch and most of the time I can tell what is going on in the episode due to their facial expression and body language.
    

1 comment:

  1. I have not seen the new Dallas Shows, but I use to watch it years ago. I remember how the body language was sometimes over the top and it was easy to see who was mad at whom. I started to watch one of the new Dallas Shows, however being from the Dallas area, all I ever looked at was the geographic mistakes. I had a hard time paying attention to the body language with the sound off because I was thinking about how their film slicing put parts of Dallas and parts of Fort Worth next to each other. That becomes way to distracting for me.

    ReplyDelete