Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Challenges"

Work Challenges:

As a child Care provider; I've had to deal with challenge pertaining to parents. Some parents seem to not value child care providers as professional teachers. Why? I really do not know. I do know that I value my job and what I do daily to make a difference in the lives of children. And not having that support from staff, parents can make my job stressful. I make it my business to meet/greet parents and children in the morning and evening; even when certain parent do not speak. I just find it to be very disturbing for parent's to not acknowledge their child's teacher. To me it saying to the child, "I have little or any respect for this teacher; so therefore you don't have to respect them as well." There are days I love my job and what I do as an early child care teacher. And than there are days when I feel I can't do this anymore. But than, I may call Alvin and he would say, " Just hang in there, don't give up." Some parents need to understand how important child care teachers need their support. Our jobs are already stressful enough; why add on unnecessary stress by not being kind, helpful and supportive.

I may not get the moral support I need at work, but I definitely receive it from home. Some days I come home and just be an emotinal wreck and my family is there to give me the emotional boost that I need. Without my family and fiance, I couldn't amagine functioning normally.

It does not matter what our career path are, we all need a support system to help us maintain daily. Imagine life without people who care or reliable sources, now that is something to really think about.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post as well! I agree having supports is really important in life no matter your career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Carrie. I enjoyed your continuous sharing..keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete